|NAME Michael CONDRON||Name variations: Michael Henry|
|Birth Date and Place||c. 1809.|
|Baptism Date and Place|
|Marriage Date and Place|
|Occupations||Hotel Proprietor (1845 to 1855).|
|Land Acquisition in WA|
|Death Date and Place||9 Jul 1884 Perth, Western Australia [WABDM Reg. #12655].|
Cause of Death: Senile Decay. Age 75 years.
|Burial Date and Place||Jul 1884 East Perth Cemetery, Western Australia.|
Roman Catholic Section [EPCEM].
|Death, Funeral, Obituary Notices||Daily News 14 Jul 1884.|
|Will and Probate||Details to be advised – First Grant [WASRO Cons. 3403-1884-722].|
Details to be advised – Letters of Administration [WASRO Cons. 3458-1887-158].
|Regiment||21st (Royal North British Fuzileers) Regiment.|
|Soldier No. and Rank||#645 Private [WO12-3820].|
|Enlistment Date and Place|
|Medals, Clasps and Badges|
|Arrival Australia State: Ship and Date||May have arrived in Van Diemen’s Land on one of the following convict ships [WO12-3802-19]:|
Enchantress arr. 31 Jul 1833 from Portsmouth dep. 13 Apr 1833.
Emperor Alexander arr. 12 Aug 1833 from Sheerness dep. 10 Apr 1833.
Atlas IV arr. 24 Aug 1833 from Plymouth dep. 30 Apr 1833.
|Arrival Western Australia: Ship and Date||Jane 9 Sep 1833 from Hobart [WO2-3280-106 & TROVE].|
|Military Postings within Western Australia||Kelmscott Oct to Dec 1833 [WO12-3802-207].|
*On Detachment Jan 1834 to Sep 1835 [WO12-3802 to 3804].
Attended Surveyor Oct 1835 followed by Perth HQ [WO12-3804-205 to 3805].
On Detachment May 1836 to Sep 1837 [WO12-3805-160 to 3806-178].
Vasse Oct 1837 to Mar 1840 (except May 1838 at Perth HQ) to Mar 1840 [WO12-3806-200 to 3808-259].
Perth HQ Apr to Jul 1840 (13 Apr in hospital) [WO12-3809-19].
|Courts Martial in Western Australia||None.|
|Discharge Date and Place||31 Jul 1840 [WO12-3809-69].|
|Age at Discharge||31 years [deduced].|
|Length of Service|
|*The Musters & Pay Lists for the 21st Regiment Detachment in Western Australia are mostly ‘silent’ on where the troops were posted ‘on detachment’.|
Condron applied for a publican’s licence at his home in Hay Street previously owned by Edwin Badcock [Inquirer 17 Oct 1845].